CALL FOR 2021-22 BOARD NOMINATIONS!
Nominate yourself or a colleague for a leadership position with the Connecticut Pharmacists Association! This commitment gives you the opportunity to make a real impact on your profession.
Why join the CPA Board of Directors?
- You will fall more in love with CPA. The closer you are to the work of CPA, the more that work comes to life for you, the more passionate you will become–and you will make an impact!
- You will stretch all your intellectual and emotional muscles. Board service at its best allows you to bring your full self to the CPA – your emotional connection to the practice of pharmacy, your commitment to the pharmacists in all practice areas, your life experience, your skills, and the good head you have on your shoulders.
- You will meet interesting people who will add to your sphere of influence. People who join the CPA Board are a wonderful breed. They have chosen to get off the bench and onto the field–you will be enriched by being in their company, and inspired by their commitment.
- You will have an experience that enriches your resume. OK, this one is a bit selfish but it’s true and it’s OK to be honest about it.
- You get a valuable seat behind the wheel of an important organization, and you play a key role in strategizing. That’s right–you help set the direction, priorities, events, programming, public policy, and outreach for the Association and its hundreds of members.
Nominations will be accepted until June 3, 2021 and will be reduced to three final candidates for a vote by the membership. For each nomination, please a brief overview about why you are nominating that person. Self-nominations are acceptable.
Several seats are available
- 2nd Vice President
- At-Large Board Seat (two available; 3-year term)
- Pharmacy Technician Board Seat (one available; 3-year term)
2nd Vice President
This position is a one-year term (9/30/21-9/30/22) that requires attendance at one meeting a month. It is a senior leadership position, and includes membership on the CPA Executive Committee. The 2nd Vice President advances to further board member positions, including First Vice President, President-Elect and then President.
- Licensed Pharmacist in Connecticut
- Active member of CPA in good standing
- CPA Member for at least three years
- Served on Board of Directors or a standing committee for at least one year
At-Large Board of Directors Seat (2 available)
Attends a total of eleven monthly meetings per year; often acts as chairman of one of CPA’s ad hoc committees.
- CPA Member in good standing
- Term is for 3 years (9/30/21-9/30/24)
Pharmacy Technician Board Seat
Attends a total of eleven monthly meetings per year.
- A Technician member in good standing
- Term is for three years (9/30/21—9/30/24)